Certified Recovery Mentor (TRI) - #2995800
QUEST CENTER FOR INTERGRATIVE HEALTH
QUEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE HEALTH:
Quest Center is a nonprofit healthcare clinic that provides multidisciplinary and integrative healthcare in a community-based setting to all people. We are licensed by the state of Oregon as a behavioral health and substance use disorder program. We believe that people thrive when their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs are effectively met. To this aim, Quest Center offers a wide range of programs and services for individuals to draw from when creating their personalized treatment plan. Such services are offered in a manner that creates a functional community among our clients and sustains their continued healing from both physical and mental illness. All our programs share the same philosophy, mission, and values, while honoring the diversity of its participants. The Wellness Integrity and Sustainable Health (WISH) program is Quest’s non-opiate based pain management program. We are proud to be recognized for our service delivery to the LGBTQ+ community.
ABOUT THE MIRACLES CLUB:
The Miracles Club is a culturally specific nonprofit recovery community center whose primary mission is to promote, facilitate and inspire recovery and health equity within the African American community. Our service philosophy is grounded in the Social Model of Recovery. The Social Model of Recovery is a peer-oriented model of recovery that empowers and gives every participant a voice in the direction of their recovery. We believe that our service staff and participants lived experience is the authority in providing organizational wisdom and guidance to support the dismantling of systemic oppression experienced by the African American Community. Our services include transitional and permanent housing, Peer to Peer mentoring, chronic disease Self-Management and Community Center access for physical activity. It is an honor and a privilege to be a pillar in the African American Community for over 30 years
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Quest is partnering with the Miracles Club to develop The Resilience Initiative (TRI). TRI supports the resiliency of African American Communities. We are seeking a Certified Recovery Mentor to provide support services to members of our Quest communities in Multnomah County working with clients in our culturally specific SUD and non-opiate based Pain Management programs. A competitive candidate has strong boundaries and a clear understanding of structure and accountability to work 40 hours per week and has experience working with African American communities.
- Apply person-centered principles to build relationships, trust, and rapport with clients.
- Assess client needs and develop goal/action plans accordingly.
- Utilize cultural competency, active listening, and motivational interviewing skills to assist clients in reaching their treatment goals.
- Establish relationships with local agencies
- Collaborate with local agencies to coordinate services.
- Travel with clients to and from appointments, as needed.
- Assist clients in carrying out the activities to fulfill their goal plans and problem solve with clients to overcome challenges.
- Work closely with internal and local Peer Support Specialists and Certified Recovery Mentors to maximize the quality of community service.
- Attend regular clinical supervision meetings.
- Cooperation in program development.
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledgeable about the lived experience of addiction, recovery and being involved in the corrections system.
- Must hold a Peer Support Specialist or Certified Recovery Mentor certification from a state-approved training program.
- Meets the definition of a Peer as defined by the State of Oregon Administrative Rule: a) self-identified person currently or formerly receiving mental health services; OR b) a self-identified person in recovery from a substance abuse disorder, who meet the abstinence requirements for recovering staff in alcohol and other drug treatment programs; OR c) A family member of an individual who is a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Basic computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
- To be culturally conscious and work with a diverse caseload.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member, as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
- Exceptional applicants will have experience facilitating support groups.
- Applicants in recovery from substance abuse must have a minimum of 2 years clean & sober.
- Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies.
Competitive hourly rate, and a comprehensive benefits package including: full medical (with vision and alternative care) / dental insurance; short-term disability insurance; generous paid vacation and PTO; access to EAP services; and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Pay range: $19.00 - $22.00
This position is currently accepting applications.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Other Jobs Within Same Category - None found
Other Jobs Within 60 Miles
Acupuncturist - fill in in Portland, OR
Posted on: 5/25/2022
App One.comTM ©1999-2021 HR Services, Inc
Click here for technical assistance.