Building Maintenance 2 -Full Time Days Mon-Fri - #3068033
Mennonite Village is a well-respected not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) with a 75 year history. We are currently hiring for a Building Maintenance 2 to perform a variety of duties related to building maintenance, including their structure, systems and equipment. Shift Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM.
Please note under current temporary Oregon state mandate, all healthcare staff or those working in a healthcare setting must be fully vaccinated or have a qualifying medical or religious need for an accommodation.
- Checks for work orders assigned to him/her. Assures completion of work order in timely manner.
- Assists in training of new Building Maintenance personnel.
- Informs supervisor of equipment, tools and supplies needs to complete tasks.
- Able to perform skilled building trades related repairs. (I.e. troubleshoot an electrical circuit, hang a door, rebuild a faucet).
- Analyzes a request, makes decisions and follows through with required tools, supplies and assistants to complete the request.
- Supervises Building Maintenance workers assigned to him/her and monitors their work for quality and progress.
- Uses meters, gauges and other diagnostic equipment.
- Participates in on-call pager duty.
- Routinely checks supply inventory.
- Performs Building Maintenance I essential functions.
- Is courteous and respectful to residents and staff.
- Participates in on-call pager duty.
- Attends in-service educational programs as requested.
- Services, cleans and returns tools and equipment to proper place.
- Regularly cleans and organizes vans and work spaces designated to them.
- Follows established safety rules and principles.
- Operates equipment and vehicles in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations.
- Keeps work area clean and neat.
- Assures customer satisfaction by providing quality maintenance services.
- Maintains buildings in good repair and free of hazards.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is an essential function of the job.
- Supportive of the Mennonite Home Philosophy.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in building maintenance or journeyman equivalent certification in a related trade desired.
- Able to follow and understand operation and repair manuals.
- Some formal education in building maintenance related area desired.
- Able to supervise others and communicate effectively.
- Possess a valid Oregon driver s license and has the ability to obtain a limited CDL.
- Demonstrates knowledge of use and care of trade related tools and equipment.
- Ability to make decisions, prioritize work load and respond appropriately to change.
- Ability to see, hear, feel and smell within normal limits.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy lifting (100#), prolonged standing, walking, working from ladders, bending, stooping, reaching and twisting.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing using the English language
Some of our many benefits
Generous Paid Time Off
Health Benefits for FT employees and supplemental benefits (STD, LTD, Life Ins, EAP)
Ask about our Educational scholarships
Employer retirement contributions and 403(b) plans
In order to be considered for employment, please see https://mennonitevillage.org/careers/ and click on the "Apply" button.
Mennonite Village is a drug free workplace. Criminal background check required for new hires. Background checks processed through Department of Human Services. Criminal records checks are conducted through the State of Oregon Law Enforcement Data System (LEDS) and, if necessary, through the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). In addition, information may be obtained through the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV), court records, and other states' data systems. Fingerprints may be required as part of the check. Certain abuse records will also be reviewed. For further information on ORS 443.004 impacting the criminal records check process and a listing of permanent crimes see https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/BUSINESS-SERVICES/CHC/Documents/Provider-PDQ-List.pdf
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.