Starbucks Ops Specialist-Division Wide Posting Portland - #3087000
Please attach your resume
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Travels to assigned stores working with the Department Manager and staff to share merchandising plans for departments to meet sales, gross and labor targets.
- Works with and counsels department Managers and Store Directors in all aspects of product merchandising and customer service.
- Visits stores and evaluates on overall department presentation, cleanliness and compliance to company policy and procedures.
- Develops and maintains training programs that will ensure the availability of qualified associates to fill respective departments positions in the company.
- Participates in departmental and divisional sales meetings.
- Oversees departmental sales, labor and gross profit reporting from assigned stores.
- Implements new merchandising programs and strategies and makes sure department staff is properly trained.
- Monitors competitor activities.
- Assists in opening new and remodeled stores.
- Provides merchandising input back to Division Sales Managers and Assistant Sales Managers.
- And any other job responsibilities/duties assigned by the division
- Measurers: Store level performance through department sales, gross profit and labor percent.
- Executes plans measured through store visits, reviewing results of plans, and observing store department conditions.
- Determines success of training programs by reviewing and assessing evaluations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES :
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field and/or previous experience in merchandising of assigned product area and retail sales experience preferred.
- Must possess previous Department Manager and Store Director experience.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills and deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the phone.
- Possess a marketing orientation, good analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Possess math skills to complete straightforward analysis.
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate others without directly supervising .
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Store visits involve regular standing, walking, climbing stairs and movement in and around machinery and hazardous equipment, as well as backstage receiving and production areas.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Position may require some travel (up to 75%), including occasional weekend travel
- Workday is fast paced and stressful.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGERIAL:
- Provide work guidance to store associates in areas such as product knowledge, sales and marketing techniques, understanding of profit and loss and compliance with company policies.
- Trains department managers basics of the business and managing their department.
- Provides input to Store Director on Store Department Manager evaluation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.